Home Remedies for Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Alternative Names: Bad Breath, Bad Odour
Some of the Common Home Remedies for the Curing Halitosis fast are:
- Use neem twigs as toothpaste.
- Parsley leaves are rich in chlorophyll, nature's own deodoriser. Chew some parsey leaves regulary and your breath will remain fresh.
- You may also chew some fennel seeds frequently.
- Brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth.
- Chew some cardamom seeds to sweeten your breath.
- Add 1 lemon juice with some sugar and salt to a glass of water and drink it often.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Do not drink water with meals as this upsets the gastric juices.
- Unripe guava is useful for persons suffering from halitosis. It is rich in tannic, malic, oxalic, and phosphoric acids as well as calcium, oxalate, and manganese. Chewing it is an excellent tonic for the teeth and gums. It helps cure bleeding from gums and stops bad breath. Chewing tender leaves of guava tree also stops bleeding from gums and bad breath.
- Charcoal - Take 5 gm. daily of activated charcoal to cleanse the stomach and intestines. Charcoal absorbs toxins and is a natural purifier.
- Hydrogen Peroxide - The sinuses can become infected and cause bad breath. If this is your problem, the best treatment is using hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). Use the one availaible at any drugstore, which is three percent, dilute it 50% with water and put five to ten drops in each nostril and sniff vigorously. It may burn a little. Do this twice daily and if the sinuses are casing the problem, surely you would see good results.
- Salt Water - Gargling with salt water will help clean out bacteria, mucus and food particles on your tonsils or the back of your throat that may be causing your bad breath.
- Herbs - Instead of toting around breath mints to fight bad breath after a meal, carry a tin or baggie of herbs such as mint (the real one), thyme, fennel, cinnamon, anise, or cloves. Chew any of these after meals to fight bad breath.
- Essential Oils - Essential oils are plant extracts which means you're getting a strong concentration of the plant's benefits. Many essential oils have qualities that can fight bad breath. One home remedy is to add a few drops of tea tree oil to your toothpaste before brushing.
- Use baking soda toothpaste or household baking soda to freshen up.
HEALTH CARE | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | BLOG
© 2005-2008 Online-Health-Care.com. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Online-Health-Care.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended to act as a substitute for a professional healthcare practitioner advise. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, please consult your doctor. We will not be liable for any complications, injuries or other medical accidents arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance upon any information on this web site.